Friday, March 10, 2017

Well, I arrived home last night at 10:30 from Palmyra and was getting ready to go to bed when I checked my email, and lo and behold, No School!  I was not expecting two days out, but I do understand it.  We have power and no damage (expect a chimney guard that blew off and will have to be put back later.  I have been fairly busy organizing damage assessments for members of my congregation.  Also, opening up the church for those without power. Despite those duties, I have managed to workout, visit my mom, and fight with our taxes (I  am not mentioning naps or anything like that).
I was supposed to have my formal observation Thursday and that gave me the opportunity to extend with technology.  I used a site called QuizStar to make a pre and post test on test taking (in anticipation of NYS ELA testing at the end of the month).  I had trouble with it because I couldn't seem to get access to my students.  They could see the quiz but couldn't click on it.  I found out later that it took about two hours for the quiz to actually become active (populate?).  I probably should have used Google Forms, but I hadn't really used it before and wasn't sure how to.  Next time I will.

I also have been using Jeopardy Labs Jeopardy games.  There are many online, free and work well with my students.  I have picked out different topics for review (Egypt, Science reviews, and other subjects).  I decided that it would look good for my observation to have a Jeopardy game, so I made my own on test taking (Multiple Choice, QAR, Essay Questions, Close Reading, and Test Preparation). It seemed to work out well and I am looking forward to using it next week.  Here is a link to it.

jeopardylabs.com/play/ela-exam21


Remember!  What could go wrong?



I was told that it is good to add pictures to your blog page.  This is a picture of the Mona Lisa. It is very famous.  I actually saw it in person when I was 10, but that really isn't relevant.

3 comments:

  1. Nice picture of the Mona Lisa. Thanks Jeopardy Labs I will look into it.

    ReplyDelete