Monday, March 27, 2017

Yatta, Mrs. Satta!  Domo arigato gozaimasu Satta Sensei.  Yatta means "I did it!" in Japanese and the rest means, thank you.  Thank you Carol for helping fix my blog issue problem.  This was from a week ago when I reported that I was having difficulty adding my gadgets.  Apparently there were two issues.  One problem was that I kept going back to Add a Gadget instead of just to edit.  Each time I would start a new list of blogs I follow.  The second problem was in not copying the blog address first and then trying to add them.  Carol really did a nice job of explaining and I in turn was able to  others.

Relate to my Japanese in the first paragraph, for our school's Dream Celebration there will be a chopsticks competition. I taught my students earlier how to use them.  I have developed a three step system that I think works well.  I start with a basic video that shows how to grip the chopsticks (for a couple of dollars you can buy packs of 50-100 cheap chopsticks that work well).  I then have students practice picking up styrofoam packing peanuts.  They have basically no weight and decent texture to grip.  The students practice a bit moving the peanuts around their desk and into a paper bowl.  Next, comes cheese doodles.  I give them 5-15 and then they get to eat.  When they have mastered that I have pass out Japanese senbei (rice crackers) that are small and hard.  When they can eat the senbei using chopsticks, they have graduated!

Below I have attached links to a simple chopstick video and a humorous link to a video entitled, "Chopsticks vs. Fork."







1 comment:

  1. Wow, Charlie, love the look of your blog Page! Read and enjoyed each blog. Also love the way you use technology to engage and motivate students. Have them blog about their experiences and accompany with Videos!

    ReplyDelete