Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Well, I'm back.  Life continues to be hectic, but good.  We have added a new grandchild to the family.  Eve Esperanza Tveten, who was born on October 28, 2016.  She is the newest "apple of my eye." She was born in and lives in Pittsburgh, which means many 2-day weekend visits to Pittsburgh.  Go Steelers, Pirates, and most importantly, go Penguins!  Sorry to my daughter that she wasn't enough of a draw for such frequent visits.


                                                                  Why is life so hard?



Otherwise, I continue being very busy as a teacher and a bishop for my church .  As part of being a bishop, I was able to officiate two weddings in September.  I first officiated my dear friend Demetria's wedding and then my daughter's best friend, Krysia's wedding.  Both experiences were really cool.  Last big change since I posted.  Last September I turned 60.

 Old age, how did you creep up on me?  I try to milk it for as much as I can.  I joke by asking teachers, "Where am I?" I will also go to other classrooms ask, "Is this my classroom?"  It works well since they don't take me seriously anyways.

I am actually going to be serious for a minute.  I am enjoying being a teacher (I always have). I see people retired at 60 and I am not jealous at all.  I like being "relevant" and being able to still work with young kids and with my younger peers.  I am in no rush to be "put out to pasture."  The hardest part is adapting to new technology and paperwork.  I seem to work more slowly than I used to.  The computer is great until something doesn't work and then it all seems counter intuitive. Regarding working slowly, I guess that may be an age thing (but hopefully I can work smarter).

Well, I hope you enjoy reading my blog entries.  I will try to be insightful and humorous when possible.  I will leave you with a picture of the Class "B" Boy Scout uniform (t-shirt) from my church's Boy Scout troop that has an inspiring message from me.



4 comments:

  1. Grandchildren!!! They are the best present.. I completely understand about the visiting... My 2 granddaughters live in Oklahoma. Thank you for coming back again this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Charlie. I can relate to many of your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You forgot to mention a need for more bathroom breaks during the day as part of being an older teacher. I hope you stick around for many more years for your sake; I am one of the few people who gets your humor. Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your post! I like the humor sprinkled in. I can relate to the balancing of the new technology and paperwork being difficult to keep up with.

    ReplyDelete