Sunday, April 2, 2017

WARNING!!!  THIS BLOG WILL BE A SPORT'S BLOG!!! IF YOU HAVE AN AVERSION TO SPORTS, PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS.  

                                                             





Okay, I got that out of the way.  Last week I went to my first Pittsburgh Penguin hockey game.  My oldest daughter moved to Pittsburgh 8 years ago and my youngest (2 daughters) moved there later.  I have been following the Penguins since they moved there, and for 8 years I have "meant" to go to a game.  Part of the problem is that during the week does not work, I can't get to Friday games from Rochester by 7, and if I go to a Saturday game I would get back to Rochester at 4 am.  I have Sunday church obligations, so that wouldn't work.  For the last 4 seasons, the Penguins have been playing "away" during February vacation and the regular season is over during Spring vacation. (Still awake?).

Well, in any case, I had some Friday business that I needed to take care of, so I took a personal day and then went to Pittsburgh.  Oh what excitement!  We lost in overtime, but I didn't care.  It was exciting and I got to see Sydney Crosby (he is famous for hockey fans, kind of like the Mona Lisa for art fans, which is a reference to a previous blog).  Are you keeping up?  I took my son-in-law and nephew and it was awesome.

The next day I was able to participate in our web discussion (while holding a beautiful and well-behaved granddaughter). A short trip, but memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment