Sunday, April 2, 2017


                                Teaching Is A Dignified Profession

Where do I begin?  Well, a week ago I was sitting down with my students in the back of my room. While a student was reading out loud, N.S. came over and started to brush my hair. I paused and asked her what she was doing.  She said that she was straightening my hair.  I suggested that I did not need or want a Mohawk. Upon saying that, two other students jumped up and started making a little "pig tail" in my hair.  Our principal came by and the kids called her in to see my hair. She laughed and took my picture. In my infinite wisdom I told them that if they worked as hard as they could on the NYS ELA exam (3 days of testing), I would let them do anything they wanted to  my hair (as long as it wasn't permanent).

I was actually very pleased throughout the 3 days.  I have no way of knowing how well they did, but their focus and effort was really great. The pictures below show the end results.  They were very pleased!  I kept it that way throughout the day and saw many a "double-take" as kids and adults walked by me.






 So as the great Gene Kelly said in the movie "Singing in the Rain,"  Dignity, always with dignity,"


                                          

2 comments:

  1. Great photographer! How did the rest of the day go for you? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you mean to put your hairdo pictures in your other blog, "Barbie Inspired Fashion"?

    ReplyDelete