Sunday, April 2, 2017

                                                                       PLN Post


Like most of the other bloggers, I am more comfortable being a "lurker" than a "lurkee."  To be honest, I am not really interested in being a "lurker" either.  I think I have been a bit wary of "social media" as a result of seeing fights and conflict that originated or escalated through "Facebook."  I recognize that this has helped to keep my wife and me away from using different social media sites. Through this class I can see where it can be beneficial through making contacts that I couldn't other ways and seeing ideas that I probably would not have seen without it.

I am starting to use Twitter, but need more experience with it.  I have posted a few tweets on my chromebook , but I think it will be more useful on my smartphone. I am following a site on Thomas Jefferson, Community Schools, and Edutopia. I have set it up on my phone.  I just posted using my first GIF (I had to ask my daughter what a GIF was).




I also use Pinterest, Seesaw (not this year yet), and I am planning on trying some of the webcasts that I saw on  another site.  I have to try and remember where it was.  It had a list of webcasts where people could listen and participate on various subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment